Adventure Travel Specialist – Today, with the overwhelming number of resources for adventure travel information (the Internet, television, newspapers, magazines, guidebooks, etc.), it’s no wonder consumers are confused when it comes to planning an Alaska vacation. For that reason the services of an Adventure Travel Specialist are more valuable than ever. The best service these specialists can provide is to learn their clients’ interests and lifestyles in order to match them up with the vacation that’s right for them.
Ten services provided by Adventure Travel Specialists.
1. Distilling the product information: Through a continuing process of familiarization, education, experience, and client feedback, a travel agent becomes an “Adventure Travel Specialist,” an expert in their field.
2. Investigating and supplying competitive information: A travel supplier isn’t going to recommend a consumer that a better option or a better price is available through a competing travel supplier.
3. Staying abreast of the most current and timely promotions: Via daily faxes, agent-only e-mail, and communication with key members of many travel suppliers’ staff, travel specialists are able to get the most current promotional information available.
4. Analyzing the current promotions: The least expensive is not always the best.
5. Clarifying the fine print, such as cancellation penalties and restrictions: The benefits of a travel professional’s experience can save a traveler money and unnecessary stress.
6. Making recommendations for travel-related options: Sharing the experience and knowledge they accumulate about a variety of travel topics – from where to eat, what to do, and what to pack.
7. Simplifying the research and save time: Like a personal shopper, travel specialists offer one-stop shopping for travelers who need airline arrangements, lodge stays, hotel rooms and tours – with recommendations that are in the best interest of the client, not the travel supplier.
8. Enhancing the trip with value-added benefits and amenities: Due to their special relationships and affiliations, adventure vacation specialists can often add to the client’s experience by obtaining room upgrades, group rates, rate reductions, and other value-added services.
9. Using their clout to get the best possible in seemingly impossible situations: Whether its hotel rooms, cruise space, lodging availability, etc., the adventure destination specialist has more buying power than the consumer.
10. Getting problems resolved: The travel specialist serves as the client’s advocate in the event something inadvertently goes wrong, and will also offer travel insurance options including emergency medical evacuation.
Land or ship based soft adventure vacations range from rustic to deluxe. An Adventure Travel Specialists will understand just how seriously you take your travel planning. That’s why they are so valuable in helping you or your travel agent match you with the perfect blend of accommodations and services for your interests, activity level and budget. As your agent a travel specialist is there to share the latest information with you; which destination is best for fly-fishing or which is closest to wildlife viewing or glaciers. To start planning, simply call an Adventure Travel Specialists today.